- Pre-Filter to capture large particles like pet hair
- UVC light to reduce airborne contaminants
- H-13 HEPA filter to capture the very fine particles that float through the air
- PRO-Cell which removes VOCs or more commonly known as gases such as formaldehyde
- Carbon Filter to capture odors
Why You Need an Air Purifier During Cold and Flu Season
You know it's coming. During winter, colds and flu are passed around like unwanted gifts. If you're determined to
stay healthy this cold and flu season, you might want to start by improving the air quality in your home or office with an air purifier.
You may doubt an air purifier can really keep you and your family healthy, but there are some great reasons to get one for your home during the winter months.
3 Reasons to get a high grade UV Air Purifier during cold and flue season
1. An air purifier can trap particles that cause viruses. The contaminants that cause colds and flu are in the air. They travel around your home and can linger on surfaces, and when you or a family member comes in contact with them, you're susceptible to getting sick.
Air Health's SKYE Portable Air Purifier uses both a pre-filter to capture large particles like dust and hair, and a H13 HEPA filters that capture 99.97% of dust, pollen, mold, bacteria and virus particles as small as 0.1 microns.H13 Did you know that H-13 HEPA filters are so thorough that they are used in clinics, hospitals, and dental office hence the name ‘Medical-Grade’. This type of filter gives you peace of mind that even invisibly small particles are being captured before they have time to circulate around your home and get someone sick.
2. Skye portable air purifier uses UV-C lights to keep your home clean. Everyone knows a clean house is a healthy house, right? Well, you can clean all those hard surfaces and vacuum daily, and you may still have invisible particles floating around in the air.
One of the ways to remove those particles is with a high-quality air purifier with UVC technology. Per the FDA on UVC lamps,
"UVC radiation is a known disinfectant for air, water, and nonporous surfaces. UVC radiation has effectively been used for decades to reduce the spread of bacteria, such as tuberculosis. For this reason, UVC lamps are often called "germicidal" lamps."
The SKYE Portable Air Purifier not only traps particles that float through the air like bacteria and mold, but employs a powerful UV-C lamp that can reduce the bacteria, mold and fungi in the air.
3. It's easy to use. We know not everyone has done all the research about the technology that goes into our air purifiers to keep you and your family safe, but you really don't have to as scientists have studied these technologies for decades giving you peace of mind.
The technology in Skye includes:
Plus, with smart technology built right in Skye will automatically increase the fan speed if it senses any impurities in the air such as from common colds or flu.
Just place SKYE in any room where you spend the most time or where there will be people congregating. We recommend an area where you and your family spend a lot of time. Keep in mind, you may want to keep this close to where you feel the most contaminants are in your home. At just 20 pounds, Skye can easily be moved around the house as necessary.
We've also designed SKYE with an intuitive interface that shows you your air quality and fan speed at a glance and auto dims at bedtime. You can control the unit from anywhere using the Skye mobile app, and you can connect SKYE to your Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant for hands-free control. Add to that quiet operation and an attractive yet inconspicuous appearance, and you've got a winning air purification system that provides great value for your money.
Air Health carries high-quality portable air purifiers , in-duct air purifiers, whole house fans, and UV lamps and filters. We offer energy-efficient, high-performance purifiers for your home, so you can breathe easier and live healthier.
We recommend our newest purifier, the SKYE Portable Air Purifier, which offers patented PRO-Cell technology that breaks down VOCs and toxic gasses, UV-C technology to neutralize particles and HEPA filtration to trap 99.97% of miniscule particles.
Questions? Contact us today!